Friday, January 9, 2009

Them!!

I’m becoming one of them.

They don’t smile at you.

They don’t greet you.

They don’t look around each other.

They are just expressionless.

When you look into someone’s eye, you could feel them.

If they are happy, sad or simply tired, you could always see it through their eye.

But they, nothing seems to reflect from their eye.

One would wonder if they are all hypnotized.

All you can see is the blankness in their stare.

I’ve always wondered what has made them into “Them”.

It wasn’t easy to find the answer.

But today, I broke through the barrier that was between us.

I now know why are they “them”

It wasn’t hard as I too am evolving into “them”.

“Them” as in the working people.

The same people I see on a daily basis in the bus.

All they have on their face is just another day of work.

They forget to smile, they forget to look out of the bus and they forget to capture fun moments of a bus ride.

Now I know what is running in their mind.

“Where to eat or lunch?” “Hope there’s no shocking email” “What time work would finish today”..and bla bla bla!

1 comment:

theuptownlife said...

when i was doing my internship, i was nearly becoming "them". gosh. i know the faces.